APPLICATION AND ENROLLMENT PROCESS
Fall admissions for the 2020-2021 school year are closed. Due to COVID-19, we are not accepting any new applications for the current school year.
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR WILL OPEN ONLINE DECEMBER 1, 2020.
Steps for Admissions into St. John Berchmans School:
- Starting December 1, 2020, complete the SJB online application, which entails a one-time $175 non refundable fee.
- Offers and waitlist notifications will be emailed the week of February 15, 2021. Families who receive offers will be emailed instructions on how to complete the online Enrollment Packet, which entails an annual $150 non refundable fee per family (not per student.)
- In order to secure a spot for your child, a $500 non refundable tuition deposit is required approximately 2 weeks after completing the enrollment packet. This is not an additional fee rather it will be credited toward your total tuition.
Per the state of Illinois regulations, the following requirements must be met for preschool and kindergarten admissions:
- PK 3-Age 3 by September 1st
- PK 4-Age 4 by September 1st
- Kindergarten-Age 5 by September 1st
- All children must be fully potty trained
Priority For New Admissions
- Students who are siblings of currently enrolled students
- Students who are baptized Catholics and whose families are active parishioners for at least one year prior to application and are regular contributors (recommended contribution of $780/year to church collection)
- Students who are baptized Catholics and whose families have been registered, contributing parishioners for less than one year prior to application
- Students who are baptized Catholics and whose families are not parishioners
- Students from non-Catholic families
In accordance with Archdiocesan policy, school personnel are authorized to make discretionary exceptions to these priorities in favor of fostering values of social justice and personal spiritual development.
Students not accepted will be placed on a waiting list according to their appropriate category.
Admission of any child is dependent on the agreement that parents or legal guardians and the child agree to abide by the policies, rules, and regulations of the Archdiocese of Chicago and St. John Berchmans School. The school is operated under the guidelines of the Catholic Bishop of Chicago, a Corporation Sole, in the Archdiocese of Chicago, and admits students of any race, color, sex, religion, nationality and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on basis of race, color, sex, nationality or ancestry in administrating educational policies and other school administrative programs.