St. John Berchmans School St. John Berchmans is a Catholic elementary school committed to academic excellence and the development of creative, insightful and respectful students. Through our holistic approach to learning, we strive to deepen all students’ experiences of the Catholic faith while encouraging them to develop their own personal gifts and passions. As an anchor of the Logan Square community for over 100 years, we provide a safe, diverse and nurturing environment, where students and faculty live the teachings of Jesus with gentleness, humility, charity, joy and freedom. We celebrate the uniqueness of each child, while inspiring the confidence and the disciplined habits of mind, body and spirit necessary for students to reach their maximum potential.
Pillars for SJB Vision:
In an environment that values excellence in scholarship, St. John Berchmans students…
- Develop core academic competencies.
- Receive differentiated instruction that realizes an individual student’s unique needs and abilities.
- Gain critical thinking skills.
- Develop the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Engage in meaningful classroom discussions.
- Learn to present information to others with ease and competency.
- Develop conversational competency in a foreign language.
- Utilize modern technology in an effort to recognize the link between their own lives and the lives of people throughout the world.
- Collaborate with an engaged faculty who are provided with the tools, support and continuing educational opportunities to help students flourish.
- Graduate prepared to enroll in a quality high school and be provided with thoughtful guidance in making an enrollment decision that best fits their skills, goals and needs.