Beginning December 1st, St. John Berchmans School is currently accepting applications for the 2019/20 school year for NEW STUDENTS ONLY.
*If you are a current St. John Berchmans student do NOT fill out this application. Re-enrollment for current St. John Berchmans students will occur during Catholic Schools Week in January 2019.
- The first step is to complete the application, which entails a $175 fee.
- After accepted, parents will receive an email the week of FEBRUARY 11, 2019 with instructions on how to complete the online Enrollment Packet, which entails a $150 fee.
- In order to secure a spot for your child, a $500 nonrefundable tuition deposit is required approximately 2 weeks after completing the enrollment packet. This is not an additional fee rather it will be credited toward your total tuition.
Admissions Schedule & Process
Admissions Schedule for CURRENT St. John Berchmans Families
- Re-Enrollment for current students will occur during Catholic Schools Week January 24 – January 31, 2019. Your child/ren spot is guaranteed if you enroll at this time.
- January 24, 2019 you will be prompted via email to begin your re-enrollment packet located in your RenWeb account under Family > Enrollment/Re-enrollment
Admissions Schedule for NEW St. John Berchmans Families
- Applications for NEW FAMILY admission will be accepted from December 1, 2018 through February 8, 2019.
- Acceptance letters will be sent via email the week of February 11, 2019.
- Families have two weeks from receipt of the acceptance email to accept their spot and submit a tuition deposit.
- Round 2 of application acceptance will be February 9 – March 15, 2019.
- After March 15, applications will be accepted/processed on a space available basis.
Priority For New Admissions
- Students who are siblings of currently enrolled students
- Students who are baptized Catholics and whose families are active parishioners for at least one year prior to application and are regular contributors (recommended contribution of $780/year to church collection)
- Students who are baptized Catholics and whose families have been registered, contributing parishioners for less than one year prior to application
- Students who are baptized Catholics and whose families are not parishioners
- Students from non-Catholic families
In accordance with Archdiocesan policy, school personnel are authorized to make discretionary exceptions to these priorities in favor of fostering values of social justice and personal spiritual development.
Students not accepted will be placed on a waiting list according to their appropriate category.
Admission of any child is dependent on the agreement that parents or legal guardians and the child agree to abide by the policies, rules, and regulations of the Archdiocese of Chicago and St. John Berchmans School. The school is operated under the guidelines of the Catholic Bishop of Chicago, a Corporation Sole, in the Archdiocese of Chicago, and admits students of any race, color, sex, religion, nationality and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on basis of race, color, sex, nationality or ancestry in administrating educational policies and other school administrative programs.